Integrating Marketing Organizations
After multiple acquisitions, a Fortune 500 manufacturing company needed help integrating marketing and sales organizations to eliminate overlaps and gaps. With each acquisition came different marketing structures, different roles and responsibilities, and different ways to structure go-to-market efforts. The result: overlaps and gaps in responsibilities, inefficiencies in marketing spend and communication problems across the organization.
MarketFrames embedded a team to work with the marketing leadership to renovate the marketing function across the company, develop common marketing processes, and institute marketing best practices consistently. The MarketFrames team mapped existing personnel to the new architecture, and trained employees on their roles and responsibilities. The resulting organization balanced the demands of the business with an affordable Marketing Cost Envelope, while delivering an effective organizational structure. With a marketing network scaled to the business, communication and cooperation between organizations improved, along with marketing spend effectiveness.
The company experienced the following improvements in its marketing team:
- A leaner, but more tightly integrated organization
- An organization optimized for marketing effectiveness and efficiency
- More efficient communication between organizations leading to better decision making
- More collaboration across organizations leading to better information sharing and best practice sharing
- A stable organization with strong team contributions - less dependent on individual heroics
- Common marketing processes executed across organizations.