Marketing, Sales, and Go-to-Market Alignment
After multiple acquisitions, a manufacturing company needed help aligning their go-to-market (GTM) organizations (including sales, marketing, operations, and finance) to drive Region business effectiveness. Due to the varied product line acquisitions and the legacy budget priorities, processes and accountabilities, the Region General Managers found it impossible to align investments with the essential strategic priorities of the business, answer the fundamental questions of where the GTM budgets were being spent, or drive the right revenue growth.
MarketFrames experts worked first with the client to complete a comprehensive inventory of spend across the businesses and the GTM value chain. MarketFrames then worked to define the broader GTM system's requirements and goals, inventory existing capabilities, and build a new, consolidated GTM network approach to deliver more effectively and efficiently on critical business objectives. The new GTM network capabilities now deliver the critical scale, scope, and operational efficiency that is needed. Among the results achieved from this project:
- More efficient and effective GTM spend
- Better category and product launches through both direct and channel resources
- Better product lifecycle management within the Region (resulting in more reliable product forecast, availability and lower inventory exposure)
- A leaner, but more tightly integrated GTM network organization across sales, marketing, operations, and finance
- Documentation and prioritization of strategic business and GTM objectives, providing the foundation for resource allocation and activity measurement
- A framework and set of custom models for capturing, viewing and analyzing critical GTM spend
- Definition and implementation of a monthly Region planning and review process with organizational leaders in a council format
- Common business processes executed across organizations
- The development and implementation of job and responsibilities descriptions and matrices
- More collaboration across organizations leading to better information sharing and decision-making.