The Outlook for Marketing:
Challenge and Opportunity
Today’s marketing leaders face new challenges and opportunities: globalization, hyper-competition, digital marketing, analytics, and non-stop demands for accountability. Many are looking for help with pressing needs including optimizing their marketing spend, and with longer-term solutions to maximize their marketing capabilities and impact.
Today's marketing challenges run the gamut and include:
While there are many challenges, opportunities for Marketing are many as well. They include:
- Reductions in marketing budgets or staffing, combined with growing demands for accountability
- Ineffective collaboration between marketing and sales or between corporate marketing and regions
- Pressures for marketing modernization and automation solutions
- Market, segment, and category fragmentation
- Commoditization of products and services
- New communication and media
- Company mergers and acquisitions.
- Reallocating portions of marketing spend to higher ROI activity
- Adoption and impact of new digital marketing tools and techniques
- Better alignment and integration with sales, channels, and agencies
- Optimizing marketing processes to improve and align decision making
- Clear metrics to track and drive marketing performance
- Compelling business plans that drive targeted innovation
- More effective commercialization of new technologies or services.