Planning for Market Windows
A consumer products company with broad product offerings across several categories was not taking advantage of its product breadth, velocity and brand recognition. Go-to-market planning was fragmented, which had resulted in a steady decline of their brand strength with both channel partners and consumers.
MarketFrames partnered with the client and marketing teams across the multiple businesses to develop, design and deploy a cross-organizational, end-to-end go-to-market planning process focused on seasonal market ‘windows’ with retail partners. The marketing teams were chartered to develop a plan for each market ‘window’ that was aligned with the company’s overall business strategies and priorities. After adopting this process to align and plan for retail market windows, the company experienced:
- A more consistent and unified market presence
- Increased impact of marketing investments including enhanced retail shelf space
- More timely and thorough communication of product plans
- Clearer expectations with channel partners around timeframes and nature of information disclosure
- Greater efficiencies and ROI around its go-to-market processes
- More integrated and compelling consumer messaging.
Given the success of the windows effort, the client and MarketFrames continued to drive the process across a broader range of categories and target markets as an ongoing Marketing Network Service (MNS).